Thursday, February 11, 2010

Avatar Review

Finally I am doing my Avatar review. I have no idea since I saw it around three weeks ago! I was never keen or interested in seeing it. Blue creatures on a distant plant did not sound like my idea of a quality film. I convinced myself I wouldn't bother. However watching the Golden Globes and seeing James Cameron win both Best Director and Avatar win Best Film, I decided I needed to see it so I could see if it lived up to the hype and was really worthy of the acclaim.
For the record I believe Kathryn Bigelow or Quentin Tarantino deserved those awards.

Plainly put, I did not enjoy Avatar. Sure it was an alright film but then again I went in with extremely low expectations. It was far too long. Long run times have never bothered me in the past. With Avatar I found myself wishing for things to hurry up. I didn't find any of the characters particularly engaging and just didn't care about any of them. The storyline and script were extremely lacking. A lot of people have been comparing it to Pocahontas.


Everyone spoke about 'revolutionary' 3D technology and whilst it was a visually stunning film I expected more from the 3D. Maybe I was expecting too much?

Regardless it wasn't a horrible film but just ok. I would give it 3 stars of out 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment